I’m plotting a review of Hair Fair 2008 — my first Hair Fair, it should be noted — for a future article. For now, though, I’m looking at some pieces that I bought before I started slogging through the treacle fudge of the Rezzable sims (grin).
(There are three more pictures, including the entire outfit I created, at my Flickr stream.)
The story behind this: I first spotted the wig on the head of Bettina Tizzy in her own stream. If you haven’t learned how much I love spiraly, spiky, massive hair that’s bigger than a Baltimore B-52 and Not Possible in Real Life, read this old article (whose offer is no longer in effect, as Sinnocent’s dog is all better [grin]). So you can guess that I just had to turn my nose up at this design (bigger laugh).
However, the hair is not a separate (unless we can bug the designer enough; then maybe he’ll consider!). It comes as part of a post-apocalypse package called Survivor from AVZ, and this is what the rest of the costume looks like:
I especially like the breastplates made out of cogwheels (grin). I’d actually have no problems wearing this if I was running around the Junkyard — very Tina Turner out of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome — but I just didn’t feel like this at the moment. So it became mashup time. For more and better picturs of the final results, see my Flickr set; the details are:
- Shape/skin: Issigoni (Ayumi)
- Hair, beads, and the bracer on the left wrist: AVZ Survivor (from the full costume; not available as a separate)
- Eyes: Gaslights Emporium (jade green)
- Corset: Last Call (Milena) (no longer available)
- Shorts: DnG black leather
- Boots: DollyRock — the tallest boots I’ve found yet in the uppers! (Not inside the main store; shoes are in an outlier storefront on the property)
- Duster: TorkTastic simple leather coat
Better running around in than a steel bikini, wouldn’t you say?
Frankly, as you can see from the last picture in the set — I finally found some good light for a closeup this morning — this is a hairstyle that you could study for an hour. AVZ spent a lot of time (and prims) constructing this wig, and it has all sorts of goodies in it, from the network of steel rods to the little baubles that decorate it.