Since my computer was on the fritz again up until Wednesday afternoon, and I never got around to getting back in world after I got it home and hooked up, I never got a chance to wear what I’d planned on for Saint Patrick’s Day (sigh). Don’t it just frost you?
But that doesn’t mean I can’t share it with you, can I?
For a daytime casual look, I decided to echo the theme of the Irish tricolor — or at least 2/3 of it. I tried on a white wig, but was displeased with the effect, so I went back to the red of a true Irish colleen. I did some hunting on XStreet, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere, to find a green top — in this case, the top from a gown in a silk brocade — and a pair of orange pants. I was thinking of something a little plainer than this bodice, but it works quite nicely instead, giving the strapless corseted look that we all love so much. The pumps make for an alternating color scheme; and, for the final touch, I’m wearing alternating green and “orange” (actually coral) jewelry, switching colors from the earrings to the bracelets.
- Top: Preciouss’ Things Danielle (bodice from an evening gown)
- Pants: DeLa Diva “Irina” pants (orange)
- Hair: fri.day Jules (Jealous Red)
- Nails: Skin Within Vixen manicure/pedicure
- Shoes: Ivanka Akina Eternity pumps (green)
- Jewelry: Zaara Kaya in malachite and coral — one earring and one set of bracelets from each color, alternating.
- Glasses: epoque Swan shades (“loud” color; script-set to green frames, clear lenses)
And for the night, how about this…!
The gown is a green-and-white version of Astrid, a new dress from Clio, one of my favorite designers so far. Clio Cardiff comes up with clean, lovely designs that are still wonderful, sophisticated and sexy. For instance, this gown’s top is cut way low, but the shaping doesn’t leave half of my boobs hanging out, while still giving a provocative look at the cleavage. Want an extra touch of femininity? Add the bow attachment to the halter strap. (It’s nice and flexible, which made for some great photographs!)
For the jewels, I decided to go dramatic and big, and chose these emeralds from my recent run through the Accessory Fair. They’re made by GaNKeD, a store which is getting a lot of attention recently for some really sensational jewelry. I wanted an extra splash, so I chose one of the “handrings” from the Hydra series by Rozoregalia.
- Gown: Clio Astrid (green/white, with opera gloves)
- Shoes: As above
- Hair: ETD Cadey (copper; I’m not sure if Elika still sells this)
- Jewelry: GaNKeD Jealousy suite (necklace, bracelet, earrings — emeralds in gold); Rozoregalia Hydra handrings (right wrist)
Photographed at my Secret Photo Studio at my art store in Desire region