I was exploring a sale a few weeks back — I think it was something like 55-linden Tuesday, or some such stuff — and one of the stores did not have laid out what I was looking for, at least that I could find. But they did have something else, and that made all the difference. Combining that with some other goodies, including a super-luxe buy from one of the most fabulous jewelry stores on the Grid, made the difference in this.
The gown is Harlow, from RBZ Design, and this is what I purchased when I could not find what was supposed to be out. I’m not angry; this was so pretty that I bought both this dress and another in green, for when I’m in my red hair. I normally don’t go for such a plunging bust line on a strapless dress — I keep thinking the bodice stays up by surface tension and nothing else. I’ve gotten used to it, though, from so many of my old vintage Last Call dresses that I’ve become comfortable with such a revealing look, I guess; I rather enjoy this one. And the silvery decoration running around the confection adds a beautiful touch, as does the bow in back, pinned up by a diamond brooch.
The aim here was for femme de luxe, and so I went all out on the jewelry. You can see just part of it here, but I have a fair collection on, which is the advantage of the Add feature on many of the 2.x clients. Wear your first piece, then Add the next pieces until you get what you want (within the maximum limits). Here, I have one ring on the right hand (from Muse, sadly no longer open) and two on the left, as well as a bracelet on each, and a long trailing string of black pearls around my throat. And diamond earrings, of course: these from U & R Dogs. On my feet are a delicious pair of slingbacks from N-core. (Why can one never remember to take a picture of the shoes unless you’re doing a shoe article [sigh]?)
But the topper, literally, is this. I was shopping at Finesmith Designs later during the sale. After picking up their sale item, I browsed, and waffled, and then said what the hell, and took the plunge to buy this beautiful headdress, called simply Swan. It’s hard to keep from thinking about the film Black Swan on seeing this, but I assure you I suffered no hallucinations — just raptures of delight. The headdress is a hat, so I paired it with a black bob from MADesigns, and black lipstick and eyeshadow, and voila.
The one place I might have went overboard is with the additional Capucine eye “tattoos” from White~Widow; but I liked the silvery dots below my eyes for effect, and so kept this on. Aside from this, a lovely confection to fly away into the night in, along with the prince of your dreams….
- Skin: PXL Skins Candy SK SE red lips, medium eyebrows and freckles
- Eyes: Poetic Colors gold flakes/sapphire
- Hair: MADesigns Lily version 1 (shiny black)
- Makeup: GLAM! Skins and Tattoos (lips, shadow and liner); White~Widow Capucine (silver)
- Gown and gloves: RBZ Design Harlow (black)
- Shoes: N-core Shoes slingbacks (silver)
- Finesmith Designs Swan headdress (silver)
- Earrings: U&R Dogs Rigoletto
- Necklace: Dahlinks Chloe back-knotted pearls (black sheen)
- Bracelets: G&S Designs Jewelry black pearl double-strand bracelet; Eclectica Jewellery Chevron bracelet w/ pearl
- Rings: Rozoregalia Bouhachi flower-petal ring; vintage Paper Couture Times Square diamond ring; vintage Muse Catherine black pearl/gold cocktail ring