It is said that, when a person’s name is spoken or thought, then that person shall have life eternal, no matter when they may have lived, no matter when they may have died.
Archive for the ‘Egypt’ Tag
I recently took a photo in Terra Egypta region; and then a local archaeologist clued me in on something that I need to share with you.
(Some items may no longer be available)
- Skin: Wunderlichs Metal Skin (Gold)
- Eyes: Sterling Artistry Jeweled Eyes, topaz
- Nails: Mandala HUD nails (super long)
- Costume: Sakinah Khepresh costume
- Accessories: Isis AV Heqa crook (part of an ancient avatar pack for L$3,000, not recommended); Ravens Wear Affinity Egypt ROYAL BLUE BLACK Crown shine 1
- Makeup: Tattanooga *FACE TATTOO** EGYPTIAN 006; Natural Beauty Makeup 2; *BOOM* Liquid Glaze (silver, lashed); Glamorize French Kiss Lipstick (Love Is Blue)
I can’t tell you where this was taken; it’s a secret location that you must find. I’ll get you close: teleport to Terra Egypta region, then begin searching from there within the group of sims that make up this themed area.
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desart. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, “Ozymandias”
(Right-click and choose “View image” to see larger versions.)
- Skin: Wunderlichs Heavy Metal Skin (gold)
- Hair: Hairoin Diva (Abyss)
- Eyes: Sterling Artistry Jeweled Eyes (bright blue)
- Gown: Tres Beau Miss Vivienne
- Shoes: R2 Aulii
- Gloves: 5th & Oxford Leather Gloves (no longer available)
- Jewelry: Mashooka Designs bindi (royal gold); EarthStones Pave Set Pearl Bracelet (black/gold); Finesmith Chamonix Bracelet (gold/white); Mandala Kabuki necklace (Gotama, gold); LaGyo Atratus ring (gold); LaGyo Magnitudo earrings; LaGyo Shield rings (gold/black); LaGyo Solemne bangle (gold); Muse Catherine cocktail ring (black pearl/gold; no longer available)
- Makeup: White~Widow Magic Wand (gold); Glamorize Dirty Babe Lipstick (Black Beauty); *BOOM* Liquid Glaze (lashed, black); Dead Apples Wet Look eyeshadow (black); White~Widow Paradise (gold); [the oBscene] Artemis Lashes
I can’t let this moment go by without writing something, even if I have to write it on an iPhone. Egypt is going through incredible change at this moment and we must applaud their people for doing it with a minimum of bloodshed.
Now comes the rebuilding, and the time to really worry. So much can blow up at this point, in terms of getting an Islamist government eventually, of having a group in power that will become unfriendly toward the west and Israel. On the other hand, some analysts are speculating that dictators in the region may need to worry; that there could even be a reignition of the Green democracy movement in Iran. A Saudi diplomat just told CNN that they may get worried there about a “social network” revolution there as well.
Someone tell me what’s happening in the Egypt sim! I can’t get in world, blast it!